Getting Down To Basics with Services

All There Is To Know About the Builder’s Lien In Alberta.

Alberta has a builder’s lien that protects contractors against non-payment from home owners. Contractors and suppliers of material can foreclose on property if they have a case against you on issues regarding payment. See below what you need to know about the builder’s lien in Alberta.

The first thing you should know is the fact that, it is any contractor or supplier that can raise this claim against you as long as work has been done on your property or land. This happens when a contractor feels like there is no other way to handle the payment issue with you. It is important to understand that such a claim can lead to the foreclosure on your property and should be taken with the seriousness it deserves. For a supplier to use this claim, the material he or she has supplied must have already been used up on the property or the land in a bid to improve it.

Do you know that lien has the power and authority of preventing you from selling property and at the same time interfere with your credit rating? If the legal ways are not properly followed, there is a risk of lien to lapse after a hundred and eighty days. It is puzzling for some as there are feelings that filing false lien is easy and this has not been easy to some. Basically, this is because there is faith that filing an untrue lien is an easy task and does not require much.

It is even more complex in that there no need of evidence. From the time you stopped working you should file within a period of forty five days.
Having a lien placed on your property is not the end of the road for you because it is not permanent. It will not look good for you if you have a lien on your title and you want to sell your property someday. You need to make sure that you are not rubbing shoulders the wrong way with the law so take the legal route and go through the process. If you are being accused wrongly then you should prove that in time with evidence.

If the lien is already in your title you can request a court order to rid yourself of it. What you will be required by law to do in order to get the court order is to replace the lien with money. When you do that the lien will no longer be a problem because the money will stand for it. Another order you can request is a consent order which might prove hard to get. This is because the lien holder has to have given consent for the removal of the lien and its replacement with the money.

The Best Advice on Deadlines I’ve found

Study: My Understanding of Deadlines